Pregnant. Is different EDD concerns about baby growth and can I have normal delivery?

Hi, my LMP is 28.02.2013 according to which I'm falling in wk 38 and due date is 8 dec but as per current ultrasound scan my wk is coming as 34 wk 4 days.which indicates due date as 30 dec. Apart from that baby weight is 2416 gm. Amniotic fluid level is A.F.I -10.placenta is fundo posterior and grade 2 in maturity. No other defects reported .kindly advise 1) Is difference EDD is a concern about baby growth ? 2) can I have normal delivery or should opt for immediate c section. My dOctor advising he will go as per LMP and will perform surgery. Pls advise
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, but seems normal; entirely your choice ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I have gone through your query and I should say that a difference of 2-4 weeks between the gestational age, and the age of the fetus or gestational sac as predicted by the ultrasound scan is nothing to worry about. As long as the doctor who conducted the scan did not observe any defects or growth abnormalities, then there should be nothing to worry about. In most cases, there is always a discrepancy and this still results in the birth of a normal and healthy baby. So please do speak to the doctor who conducted the ultrasound, and if he/she says that all is fine, then you need not worry at all ma'am. 1. But answering your question, yes, the difference is about the growth of the baby. But you need not worry, as some babies are smaller in size than others.; and an EDD is usually provided mainly so the woman and doctor can track the exact date of conception. 2. You can have either one ma'am. It depends entirely on the way your pregnancy progresses. If god willing, there are no complications, then you can wait till you have a normal delivery. But if there are any complications (god forbid), then you may have to elect for a planned C-section. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.