Pregnant. Husband had gastro empty test relating to nuclear medicine. Will a kiss from him harm the baby or me?

Hello Doctor, I am 20 weeks pregnant. Can kissing by my husband who had Gastro empty test( nuclear medicine) on the same day affect me or my baby.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

You must be worried about two things in regards to this

1. Radiation
2. The XXXXXXX (barium)

Kissing your husband who has undergone a gastric emptying test will definitely not harm your baby, if it is the radiation you are worried about.

The radiation exposure will last only a few seconds and it will dissipate into the environment immediately.

The contrast material (barium) which he might of swallowed is also no cause for concern as he would have swallowed it and very little will be left to get into your system

Do not worry. You and your baby are going to be fine.

I hope I have been reassuring. If there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you and your husband good health.