Pregnant. How to find the gender of the baby in home?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Good
Question
Im 26 and my husband is 32 years old. My LMP was on XXXXXXX 11th. Till now i didnt get my periods. This is my second baby. First baby was a girl. So im expecting a boy baby this time. How to find the gender of the baby? is there any way to find in home? How to find as early as possible? kindly help, Im from Chennai... Is there any kit available in chennai? where can i get online?
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 45 minutes later
hi XXXXXX,

you can find out the presence of pregnancy by urine pregnancy test or by blood test for pregnancy now.

as you know the gender will be determined by the chromosomes from father if X chromosome comes from him it will be girl or Y comes that will be boy,

you can find out the gender accurately by ultrasound examination by around 14 weeks of pregnancy which is safe and non invasive method,

some companies are advertising about kits which can determine the sex of the baby but the accuracy is not completely known,
so better to go for ultrasound.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. How to find the gender of the baby in home? 36 minutes later
Doing an Ultra sound on 14th week is fine. But who will say the gender of the baby? Is there any doctor who tells the gender of the baby ?? In Chennai or any where in Tamilnadu? Kindly help plz..

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later
hi XXXXXX,

as we all know prenatal sex determination is banned in India, so usually no doctor will say that, unless you have any family gynecologist who as in part of growth monitoring of the baby may tell accordingly but just for sex determination means it will become against law,

if you are not having that source then better to go for the kit as you asked previously,
here I am giving one link that may be useful to you if you contact them, anyhow remember the information given there is purely from manufacturers side only.
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.