Pregnant. History of 2 miscarriages. Noticed spotting. Taking progesterone. Early signs of miscarriage?

Hi I am 7 weeks pregnant. I have a history of 2 miscarriages. I was spotting pink on friday and they gave me an ultrasound and i heard the heartbeat. No spotting all weekend and tonight I just went to the bathroom and saw a little pink discharge again and what looked like a tiny brownish piece of skin discharge. I am also inserting progesterone every night before bed. Could this be the early signs of another miscarriage?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX, thanks for the query

Brownish discharge with or without pain and history of passage of some skin colored piece is very much suggestive of abortion which may be either inevitable or incomplete or just a the start of the procedure.

At this stage, you should plan for an ultrasound at the earliest and take bed rest till the diagnosis is clear.

As you already had 2 miscarriages, you have little higher chances of abortion. You should take a complete abortion profile investigation including autoimmune profile and start some preventive medicines for abortion after a specialist opinion for your reports.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: