Pregnant. Having vaginal discharge. Normal?

May 2013
Hello Doctor XXXXXXX

I am 16 weeks pregnant. Her Inner-ware is getting wet by morning during some nights. I wanted to check with you for the reason.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

The possible causes for the wetting of inner-ware in your case are:
-During pregnancy vaginal discharge increases to some extent.
And that is physiological process and hormonal dependent.
No need to worry about it.
-If the discharge is associated with symptoms like foul smell, itching etc. then there is possibility of some infection.
-If there is continuous watery discharge, that can be due to leakage of amniotic fluid.
-Sometimes urine tract infection can lead to involuntary passage of urine.

So according to above description if you think that the discharge is not physiological, once consult gynecologist and get examined.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.