Pregnant. Having severe abdominal and back pain. Having diarrhoea. What treatment should be done?

I am about two months pregnant. Yesterday night I had severe abdominal and back pain. It felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly. I could not take a XXXXXXX breath and resting would not make it go away. I also has diarrhea and like hot flashes I guess. Today, the pain in my abdomen is gone but my right lower back hurts. It even hurts to touch it or bend. My legs feel week and stiff and my neck is stiff. I have not changed my diet or done anything different. The only out of the ordinary thing is that I got bitten up by mosquitoes the other day. But the pain is not really within those areas. Can you help me out at all. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I think, for the purpose of this illness, we have to dissociate from pregnancy because, you are in first trimester and fortunately, there has been no symptom like bleeding.
You had abdominal condition which involved lower back. Pain in left lower back is persisting after abdominal pain has subsided. There is neck stiffness and legs stiffness. This all could be viral illness. The nature of illness has to be established for the future of your child meaning it should not leave any residual effect on fetus. Therefore, my suggestion would be see a doctor in ER today itself. Apart from complete physical. examination, certain investigations can be sent. Further, management will depend on a) your physical condition b) results of investigations. To me it appears best course. Alternatively, you can call your obstetrician and follow his/her advice. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW