Pregnant. Having period like cramp and pain in navel. Normal? Can morning sickness occur at night?

I just found that I am pregnant. My period was due 2 days ago.
I am still having period like cramp and pain behind navel area.
here are my questions
1- Is it normal still having those pain and if yes, howlong it supposed to last?
2-Can you get morning sickness at night?
3- what type of activities are prohibbited/not allowed in first couple months?

for first two question you only can answer yes or no; I only need a little bit of details on last question only.

Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 hours later
The mild pain behind the navel area is a normal finding and is likely to subside on its own in few days with rest.
Yes, you can get morning sickness at any time.
During the first three months, it is best to avoid excessive travelling, lifting heavy weights, doing strenuous exercises, vigorous intercourse, etc.
You can follow some lifestyle modifications which will help control the morning sickness,

1.) Eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
2.) Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
3.) Drink plenty of fluids
4.) Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.