Pregnant. Having pain in chest, feeling constipated and uncomfortable under breathe. What's going on?

Oncologist, Surgical
Recovering speed user and 16wks n 3 days pregnantI experienced sharp pains in the middle of my chest for about five mins which then started hurting al over my stomach n then eased up not so bad then stayed on my right side of my stomach inbeyween my rib n middle of my tummy just underneath my breast I am also constipated and the pain has subsided but still remains I am also coming down of meth should I go to hospital
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Thank you for writing in.
Looks like you are going through a rough patch but I am glad that you are seeking a medical opinion.
Although, colicky abdominal pain is quite a common withdrawal symptom in patient's recovering from speed/ meth addiction but it is always better to rule out the cause of abdominal pain, specially during pregnancy (because there are two lives at stake). The pain you have described, can also be due to appendicitis or cholecystitis and it is best to rule out these conditions by getting an ultrasound of the abdomen (which is safe in pregnancy). Constipation can also lead to colicky pain.
My advise to you would be to go the hospital and get yourself examined by a physician, who can then send you for an ultrasound.
Hope you get well soon.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Having pain in chest, feeling constipated and uncomfortable under breathe. What's going on? 29 hours later
I am concerned how much stress it puts on my baby when im coming down and withdrawing emotional n angry im also having a hard time wif my partner/ ex witch has made me a emotional wreck will this cause me to misscarry
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 6 hours later
I can see that you are going through a tough time dealing with these problems. Undue stress does increase the chances of a miscarriage slightly and I would suggest that you XXXXXXX your regular doctor and ask him/ her to help you tide over this problem. Unfortunately, you cannot take a lot of medicines during your pregnancy to tide over this problem. You should consider joining a support group, where people can help out.

If there is anything else I can help you out with, do let me know.