Pregnant. Having bad joint pain. What should I do to reduce the pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi im 29 years old and 32 weeks pregnant in my 1st pregnancy...
i have very bad joint pain..specially after my sleep i will face this problem for atleast 5 mins..
what i should i do to reduce this pain?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
The joint pain during pregnancy is generally due to calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency and due to laxity of joints due to hormonal changes in the body.
Treatment includes having the correct posture while sitting and standing, use low heels, keeping a pillow behind the lower back while sitting, sleeping on one side with knees and hips bent and keeping a pillow under the lower back, hot or cold compresses and massage from a massage therapist. These measures play a major role in controlling joint pain during pregnancy.
Regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplements are also necessary.
If the symptoms persist despite the aforementioned measures, then you may use anti inflammatory medicines suggested by your gynecologist.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.