Pregnant. Having asthma with pregnancy. Worried about weight gain during pregnancy?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi I'm a 35 yrs old n I'm pregnant n worry about how much weight I'm gain with this pregnancy from 125 now I'm 170 lb n I'm only 27 weeks .. I'm thinking of getting lipo as soon I give birth but I have a little problem I have asthma never had it before my asthma started with this pregnancy .. Can I get lipo done even if I got asthma problem please help worry about my body after birth
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi. go step by step and be patient

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to health care magic forum.
Weight gain is typically found during pregnancy and despite you have significant weight gain, this is nothing to be concerned. one part of your weight is water retention, fetus and surrounding tissue and other part is fat accumulation. This happens because of hormonal processes during pregnancy and every women gain weight more or less. at this point you shouldnt think about lipo and similar procedure since you still dont know your final weight and your look till birth. Also, women usually lose 4-5kg after birth and 3-4kg during the first 2-3 months of lactation. SO just be patient,focus on your pregnancy now,avoid concentrated sugars and everything will be fine. Asthma can be triggered during pregnancy too and you can expect that it will pass after it. Asthma is not contraindication for lipo,you should just mention it to your surgeon so that specific medicines can be ready for use. You should not hurry with your lipo after birth since 4-8 months should pass till your hormonal levels stabilize so try to have it 1 year after birth,of course if this will be necessary. We always suggest natural methods of weight losing so try with diet and exercise first, in most cases it is enough for your weight to go down as quick as it went up
Hope I have answered your query.Regards