Pregnant. Having TVT tape. Will there be any complication in pregnancy?

Question
I have a tvt in place since 2011 but i have just discovered i am pregnant is there any complications
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
shouldnt be a problem

Detailed Answer:

There shouldn't be any problem in your pregnancy with regard to the TVT tape . That will help reduce any problem incontinence that you may have especially during the late trimester of your pregnancy . However in case you had any pelvic floor repair surgery along with it , then abdominal delivery is advised . If not then there shouldn't be any problems .

Follow-up: Pregnant. Having TVT tape. Will there be any complication in pregnancy? 1 hour later
I did not have any pelvic surgery so will there be any problems with a vaginal delivery. Will i have to have tvt removed before delivery.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
doesnt need to be removed

Detailed Answer:
With only the tape in place and without any pelvic floor surgery there shouldn't be washed problem . Even a vaginal delivery should be possible unless there is any obstetric contraindication . If you have had vaginal deliveries before then kt should be fine . However due to your age yourge doctor may recommend abdominal delivery . Sometimes after assessment of the vaginal canal iif the tape is too tight or may be a cause of any obstruction to the passage of delivery abdominal delivery may be recommended. All this can only be confirmed later in pregnancy after assessment.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Having TVT tape. Will there be any complication in pregnancy? 10 hours later
thank you for your help.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
I hope I was able to answer some of your queries.