Pregnant. Have sebacous cyst on labia. Will this cause any harm to baby?

May 2013
I have what I believe may be a sebacous cyst on my labia. I'm also 36 weeks pregnant. Can this cause any harm to the baby?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Usually sebaceous cyst will not cause any harm to the baby.
If you are not having any signs of inflammation like redness, swelling around the lesion etc. and if the cyst is not in the area of future expected episiotomy (between lower end of labia and anus), then no need to worry.
You can wait and watch till your delivery after that you can go for the treatment for the cyst.
If you develop infection of the cyst at any time consult your gynecologist once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.