Pregnant. Have reduced fetal movement. Is it normal?

hi doctor I am in 25 weeks of pregnancy. for past two days I see reduced baby movemet. Is it normal?? I felt the baby moving better and frequently in past 2 weeks but yesterday I felt it very mildly today I dint feel the baby move at all. could you please suggest me should I contact my gynecologist immediately or it is just fine?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urgent evaluation by a gynecologist advised Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Decreased fetal movements can not be considered as a normal finding. At least 10 movements should be perceived per day. Please consult a gynecologist of your locality at the earliest possible. Get an ultrasound done for fetal well being. Please note that delay may affect the outcome so you should be proactive. I hope this answers your query. In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Have reduced fetal movement. Is it normal? 18 minutes later
many thanks for your reply. after I typed the question to you,I did feel mild movemets of the baby,but not as strong how it used to be earlier, or not frequently as earlier. this is very mild like how it used to be around 20 weeks. I am sure this very mild touches would be around 10per day. this is behaviour is just for past 2days. is it normal? or should the fetal movements become stronger day by day?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Movements become stronger day by day Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. Fetal movements become stronger day by day. If you are perceiving decreased intensity as compare to previous one, get one ultrasound scan done for well being of fetus & amount of liquor. Get your blood pressure & blood sugar checked, sometimes maternal hypoglycaemia or high blood pressure can be responsible for decreased movements. Take care