Pregnant. Have lupus. Getting blurred vision, numbness and tingling sensation in arms. Prognosis?

Hi I am a 27 year old female who is 7 weeks pregnant and just recently found out that I have lupus. Over the last few days I have been getting blurred vision that is becoming more frequent along with double vision that started yesterday and has been coming and going. Last night I began having some really bad diziness along with some numbness and tingling in my left arm and my fingers. I feel awful and my fingers are so cold and tingly. There is also some pain behind my right eye. My right toes are also feeling a little tingly. Please help, I am really getting scared and don't know if I should head to the emergency room. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 17 minutes later
Hi and thanks fir your query,
certainly if the diagnosis of Lupus was made, you should certainly be on medication already. There must exist a strong coordination and coorperation between your gynecologist and your rheumatologist.
With respect to your symptoms, it would interested knowing if you are compliant to your drugs, if you are taking any and if one or more of them is out of stock.
a visit to the emergency room is a good idea. BUt core management and coordinated action between your gynecologist/obstetrician and rheumatologist is a key aspect of your care.
Hope this helps. You can visit the emergency room now ony for relief, but you deserve a keen coordinated management between the obstetrician and rheumatologist.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Thanks and best regards
Follow-up: Pregnant. Have lupus. Getting blurred vision, numbness and tingling sensation in arms. Prognosis? 4 minutes later
Hello and thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I am currently not on any medication for my lupus, I just found that out 2 weeks ago and am going in for my follow up appointment tomorrow with my rheumatologist and my first ob appointment is on Tuesday. My rheumatologist did a lot more blood work and we are going over those results tomorrow along with the medications I am going to start. I know some of the blood work was to determine how much inflammation I have going on and I already have had a positive XXXXXXX blood test. I'm wondering if holding off until I see my rheumatologist tomorrow would be safe?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question,
I am convinced from the way you sound, it really could be safe. I think you could just manage to spend the day of today as you XXXXXXX him tomorrow, it would be great. Discussing the concern of an concerted management especially during your pregnancy period with an obstetrician is a good base.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.