Pregnant. Have cold and dry cough with no fever. Looking for ayurvedic medicine

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi, I am 6 months pregnant and I am having cold and dry cough, no fever. I understand, doctors do not recommend any medicine during pregnancy, but I am having hard time getting any sleep. Can you recommend any ayurvedic medicine that we can get in US. Also, Can I take Sambucus syrup for kids? This is an ayurvedic medicine available here for kids.

Thanks for your response.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 8 hours later
Given your symptoms, the following treatment would be useful for you. It will also not harm your child.

1. Take XXXXXXX (tulasi ) leaves 10 nos with black pepper 5nos. With honey twice a day.
2. Gargle Thrice with turmeric and salt with warm water.
3. Syrup Septilin or bresol (himalaya ) 5 ml thrice a day.

Do not take chilled water or cold food.

Honey and dry ginger is also beneficial if you can not manage anything.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant