Pregnant. Have burning and frequent urination. Treated as yeast infection. Noticed clear discharge. Worrisome

Hi, I am 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. Since Sunday I have been burning and having to urinate frequently. I called my OB/GYN and told me to treat it as a yeast infection. Today I am burning worse, and I have a clear discharge coming from somewhere that has a really an extremely faint hint of blood. I can not call my doctor back till 9:00 this morning. Should I go to the emergency room? Or wait?
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 2 hours later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

You should visit the emergency room if you have started bleeding and have pain abdomen.

Since you have increased frequency with burning in urination, I presume you have urine microscopy and culture test are required.

Yeast infection of the vagina presents with thick curdy white discharge with itching. Burning in the vagina can also be symptom.

Any infection in the first trimester should be taken care of immediately as they carry risk of miscarriage.

You also have a past history of miscarriage so its better you do not ignore the problem.

Also self medication in pregnancy without examination by a doctor can harm you more.

Its better to act before a complication sets in than wait for the complication to occur.

I hope I have answered your query.

take care.