Pregnant. Hampering things in life. Should I go for abortion?

Hi, XXXXXXX this side, i am 5 weeks pregnant this time, my age is 27, i get conceived after 3 years of my marriage but still i am not ready to accept this change in my life, which obviously affect the baby during pregnancy or after what should i do? i am very confused...i have two options to accept it or abort it...and m guilty to say that i hardly can see any positive things out of this...their are many things in my life that were planned but because of the pregnancy...i feel it's hampering all these things...plz help and suggest me...thanks
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I understand your situation. Sometimes pregnancy happens unexpectedly and the woman is not ready to accept the change as it may hamper with career and other priorities in life. There are two aspects to the situation: medical and personal.

Medically, you have the option of terminating the pregnancy by medical and surgical procedures. Medical abortion can have side-effects like hemorrhage, abdominal cramps and incomplete abortion. The process of surgical abortion can have side-effects like pain, hemorrhage, laceration of cervix, risk of sterility, infection, Asherman Syndrome (synechiae within the endometrial cavity causing amenorrhea and infertility).

Personally, at later stages you may have guilty feelings of getting an abortion done as the fetus is already taken form. Thus I will say that you discuss the matter with your family and friends. Get some moral support. Consider the option of changing the priorities. Also consider the option of re-arranging a few things to welcome the baby. Putting the kid up for adoption is one option too.

If you are unsure about getting the abortion, I would suggest that you do not go with the abortion. Abortion should be done only when you are 100% sure.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Pregnant. Hampering things in life. Should I go for abortion? 2 days later
Thanks for your answer but is'nt their any home remedy for the abortion?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later

There may be abortifacient herbs and medicines available in alternative medicine like ayurveda. But enough research has not been done on their efficacy and side-effects. Hence it is not advised to try these medicines.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Pregnant. Hampering things in life. Should I go for abortion? 8 hours later
Thanks Dr. Vaishalee, it's a great help, well now i feel little prepared for this...just need one more answer...can taking citrizine harm the baby, as i take half of it daily (i.e. 5 mg) as i have urticaria..
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 7 minutes later

Research has not shown any adverse affect of cetrizine on fetus. But I will recommend to take it only if it is needed. Also, consult your gynecologist before you take or stop any medicine during pregnancy.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Dr Vaishalee