Pregnant. Had hit on ear. Left jaw and lips broke inside. Having sharp pain in ear and jaw. How to get relief?

Please help I got slapped by my husband down my left ear and in left jaw my lips broke inside now I have sharp pain in my right ear and jaw I am pregnant two months now please help
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Its possible that the ear drum got ruptured due to the trauma. This is why you're having severe pain in the right ear and jaw. Its unlikely that the jaw got fractured. As of now, I would suggest that you do not take any pain killers as that would harm your child. Please visit an ENT surgeon who can examine your ear to rule out a rupture of the drum. IF there is a rupture, you may need antibiotic drops like ciprofloxacin ear drops in the ear to prevent infection. However, with time, the ear drum would heal on its own.
Please consider getting help as violence against women is a legally punishable crime.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.