Pregnant. Had bleeding with brown clots. Advised dubagest and pause. Had miscarriage due to fibroid. Is it safe?

Hi my wife is 6 week pregnent but two days before she started bleeding with brownish clots and my doctor suggested her to take dubagest Sr 300 two doses daily and pause 500 trice daily is it good for her and for our baby please advise us and one more thing she is having fibroid of 11 cm we had two miscarriges before due to fibroid please suggest us its urgent
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: tranexamic acid is not 100% safe. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Dubagest is a progesterone and found to be safe in pregnancy, Pause contains Tranexamic acid, which is a Pregnancy B category drug--which is usually not recommended in pregnancy. Your wifes bleeding is due to fibroid, which is probably causing threatened abortion. The fibroid of 11cms is considerably large. Best treatment would have been Myomectomy before getting pregnant. Now what I advise is: continue taking progesterone supplementation, along with that she can take injectable progesterone, antioxident tablets and folic acid with DHA supplementation. Also best rest is advisable. Avoid any strenuous work. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!