Pregnant. Had bleeding. Ultrasound reports showed thin mantle of circumferential sub chorionic hemorrhage. What to do?

Infertility Specialist
Hello- I cannot get into see an OBGYN until mid July. I am 9wk 2 days with twins- donor eggs IVF. I M 42. Had bleed Monday. Ultrasound reports SCH 2.0 x .8 cm which was present on 7 wk US but now since bleed: "thin mantle of circumferential sub chorionic hemorrhage now extending along fundal portion of gestational sac through posterior aspect. ER doc sent me home on bed rest but don't know prognosis. Bleeding stopped to occasional brown on wiping for past 24-32 hrs or so. Thc
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) It is possible to have subchorionic bleed during early gestation which is quite frequent in IVF pregnancies.

2) Unfortunately there is not much which can be done from treatment perspective as it is very early gestation.

3) Only best management would be to take rest as ER doctor has adviced. Hence please continue to take rest. Be relaxed mentally which will be a positive approach.

4) Get scan repeated after one week to check bleeding as well as status of fetus.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.