Pregnant. Had bleeding. On duphaston and storme. Safe to take them?

May 2013
hi ,
I am 28 weeks pregnant,and yesterday i had bleeding so I consulted my doctor and she had given me duphaston 10 mg -2 tablets daily,storme-200-2 tablets daily and an injection once in a week. Is it safe to take these tablets.
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
thanks for the query.

the tablets and injection prescribed by doctor to you are different forms of progesterones.

progesterone hormone normally will be produced by placenta in pregnancy which is needed for the maintenance of pregnancy.

if the woman encounters problems like bleeding or uterine action etc during pregnancy doctors will prescribe these additional progesterones to stop these problems and to help in maintaining the pregnancy.
so you can continue these tablets.

minor side effects like nausea, vomitings etc can occur but they can be relieved by medicines.

you have to be cautious regarding the cause which led to bleeding because some causes like placenta previa can cause repetitive bleeding and they can be XXXXXXX
so you discuss with your doctor regarding what was the cause for your bleeding and what preventive measures to be taken to avoid recurrence.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.