Pregnant. Had abortion. Also diagnosed rubella. Taking iron and folic acid tablets. Precautions?

Question
I am XXXXXX. My bloodgroup is O+ and my wife's is O Negative. 1 years ago my wife got pregnant but after 8 weeks of gestination we were informed there is no heart beat in embryo so we had to abort it. Dr. gave my wife Anti D injection after abortion. Later tests revealed that she also had rubella. Injection was given to her. After 6 months we did rubella tests and she was normal. Now my wife is pregnant and she is in 12th week of gestination and this time everything is fine but we are very tense.
What Should we do so that pregnancy is normal thru out ?
Any injection to be taken as she is O negative & i am O positive ?
Will the past record have any affect on child ?
My wife is taking Iron, Calcium & Folic acid tablets. Is there anything else to be taken ?
Any other precautions that we should take.

XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 33 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX,
Thanks for your query. Most common cause for early abortions like yours at 8 weeks is GENETIC PROBLEMS, which is spontaneous. And they are usually NOT RECURRENT. Its natures way of selecting the best embryos to develop. Hence I feel you should not worry presently. Unless there is any other cause for first trimester abortion.

Have regular follow up. Get a ANEUPLOIDY SCAN, within 14 weeks. It will rule out other genetic abnormalities.

At 28 weeks anti d injection is recommended.

No

I don't think any other medication required presently.
try to avoid long travel. And most important is, DONT TAKE SO MUCH STRESS ABOUT PREGNANCY. Give confidence to your wife, and have EMPATHETIC attitude towards her.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. if you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Pregnant. Had abortion. Also diagnosed rubella. Taking iron and folic acid tablets. Precautions? 22 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX thanks for the query that you have answered.

I have some follow up questions.

1) I had written my wife had taken Anti D injection after abortion last year. As my wife had rubella. Is it required to be taken again as you have mentioned ?

2) I am staying far from my wife due to my job in delhi. She had come by air Mumbai - Del last month. Is it ok if she travels by air ? Till which month she can travel by air ?

3) Delivery would be planned in delhi only so by which month should she come her for delivery ?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 20 hours later
yes it the recommendation . but most physicians don't follow that.
Its better to travel before third trimester.
preferably during second trimester,I.e before 32 weeks.