Pregnant. Got viral fever and dry cough. Will it be safe to take betadine injections?

May 2013
I am eight months pregrnant and last week got viral fever. The fever is gone but i have severe dry cough. I keep coughing day and night and feel as if my throat has got a cut or something due to sever coughing. Please let me know what can i do to clear my throat. Also, can i do betadyne injections in pregnancy?
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Cough and cold are common during pregnancy. But severe cough is to be treated as that can lead to increased abdominal pressure which can lead to premature rupture of membranes etc.
In pregnancy better to go for natural remedies as per as possible.
If cough is not subsiding with these you can go for cough suppressants after consulting your doctor as benefits over weigh risks here.
For more details:
Betadine contains povidone-iodine, which is a disinfectant are you mentioning about this or something else please clarify.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.