Pregnant. Got red, swollen, Itchy and burning vagina after having sex. Looking for cure

Question
My partner and I recently had sex but after having sex I started to feel really itchy 2days later I am still itchy but now burning and I can't wee as it hurts. Now I have just been to toliet to find one vagina lip/flap is very irritated red, swollen and now has a little bit of white spotting. I an also 14weeks pregnant what could this be?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 31 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
There could be a number of causes of itchy & inflammed vagina. Most likely due to some infection but rarely some local trauma may cause such problem.
In pregnancy commonest infection is a fungal one which can easily be cured by using local anti-fungal preparations. However before trying anything best is to visit a Gynecologist, get yourself examined to rule out other possibilities like sexually transmitted infections.
Usually fungal infections & most other infections can be diagnosed by inspection alone bur if your doctor is in doubt he/ she may take some swab tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you have any question.