Pregnant. Got fever. Diagnosed with viral infection. Taking tylenol. Worrisome

I am 5 weeks pregnant with a fever ranging from 100-101 for almost 3 days. I went to the ER yesterday and took chest xray, blood, urine, and s/o. Everything lOoked fine and said it was viral. I'm nervous bc I'm pregnant nd it won't go away! I'm only taking Tylenol no more than 3,000 mgs. I had a miscarriage in December.. That's why I'm so nervous.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
The mild rise in temperature that you are having will all normal blood tests and X-rays is suggestive of a viral infection.
Usually viral fevers will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.

You can do steam inhalation for relief. Keep well hydrated with plenty if warm fluids and especially fruit juices.

Keep warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Eat high protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs.

Avoid taking pain killers as much as possible as sometimes it can cause bleeding problems in certain kinds of viral fever. Do continue with Tylenol and take adequate rest. Please do not worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Got fever. Diagnosed with viral infection. Taking tylenol. Worrisome 5 minutes later
thank you. i am also having pelvic cramping? its gotten a little worse within the last 5 days, should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild pelvic cramping could be due to an intestinal infection or uterine contractions. If the pain is severe and persistent then ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out after an ultrasound scan.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.