Pregnant. Got TLC and eosinophil count done. Any problem in pregnancy?

Sep 2012

hi i am XXXXXXX 31 yrs and i am four month pregnant . I get my TLC done and my eosinophil is 11 % /cmm of TLC 8400. will there be problem during pregnancy and why this eosinophil is on increase. Kindly tell me the cure for decreasing this eosinophil
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 21 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, eosinophil can be increased mainly in allergic conditions, in parasitic infection and also it may be an idiopathic.

So, in your case, history is very important. If you have a history of bronchial asthma or allergy against common antigens like dust, cold, etc then this situation is quite common and you do not need to worry.

If you have no such history, then you have to be clinically examined for any skin rashes, any type of allergic reaction. Anti-helminthic drugs can also be considered in a suspected case of worm infestations.

If everything is alright, then you should retest your blood after 15 days.

So, consult with your treating doctor for a thorough clinical examination for the search of any allergic reaction and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.