Pregnant. Getting wired thoughts, afraid of weird thoughts and not sleeping well. What is causing this?

My wife is in 8th month of pregnancy. She is afraid and getting weird thoughts. During her 6th month of pregnency we moved to a new home. Unfortunately many of my relatives are supersticious. Some said we should not be moving to new home during pregnency, and should not buy new bed. We ignored them rightly. My wife is now afraid of dark colours (blacck) in the new home. She is not sleeping well. She feels it will hurt her and baby. Last night she did sleep at all. She is also getting other weird thoughts and very much afraid of these thoughts. I councelled her and it worked for one week. Now she is back to sqare one.
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
There is no basis for the superstitions you mentioned.You were right ignoring them.But right now due to hormonal imbalance a woman's mind if fragile.She will need professional counselling and if required hospital admission for safe confinement.Professional counselling is important so talk to her doctor to find someone.Mental stress may lead to pre term labour etc.Just be supportive and get her some good counselling.