Pregnant. Getting headache, nausea, tingling and numbess on vagina. Is this normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
hi i am 6 weeks pregnant. i had u/s 4 days ago and there was a yolk sac. i have not had any bleeding. but i am getting some weird cramping on my left side and also feel a little tingling and numbess on my vagina. it is a really weird feeling.. is that normal. i do feel nauses and have headaches and sore boobs.. i also noticed a little bit of urine coming out bc i have to go to bathroom alot is this normal.. its giving me bad anxiety
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

Yolk sac is generally seen around 6-7 weeks on abdominal ultrasound scan and on 5 weeks by Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS).

As there is no bleeding and ultrasound reveals yolk sac on 6 weeks pregnancy, then it suggests that you are carrying a healthy pregnancy. Here, you have nothing to worry.

Mild abdominal cramp, nauseous tendency, sore boobs (due to progesterone), frequency of urination and tingling sensation around vagina are quite common and normal features in first trimester of pregnancy.

You should take prescribed medication like doxinate and dry food stuffs before breakfast to avoid nausea or morning sickness. Along with, you should take healthy protein XXXXXXX diet with more vegetables and folic acid supplements.

You should avoid unnecessary anxiety or tension by regular breathing exercise or meditation, maintain genital hygiene properly, drink plenty of fluids or water and take adequate bed rest with total avoiding heavy work/ long journey etc.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & successful motherhood. Do periodic check up to your doctor for better assessment of fetal well being.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Pregnant. Getting headache, nausea, tingling and numbess on vagina. Is this normal? 21 hours later
Why do i occasionally have spasms in my vagina is that normal?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up query.

It is quite common to feel vaginal spasm as a result of uterine contraction in early week of pregnancy and later months. Growing uterus also can cause the same by compression on the nerve in relation to vaginal canal.

Here, you have nothing to worry. Just enjoy your current pregnancy and do periodic check up as directed by your doctor.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Take care yourself. Good luck.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Pregnant. Getting headache, nausea, tingling and numbess on vagina. Is this normal? 2 days later
Okay so I had u/s today I am suppose to be 6 weeks 4 days today.. My gestational sac measures 7 weeks 4 days and my embryo is measuring 6 weeks 2 days.. The heartbeat was 122. Is that okay that the gestational sac was a week bigger?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

According to your ultrasound report, you have nothing to worry. We consider normal thing if variation in measurement of gestational sac or embryo is within 1 week of mother actual gestational age. Fetal heart beat is also quite good.

Tilted uterus (also called retroverted) is seen in some percentage of women and it is quite normal position also. Don't be worried.

Just enjoy your pregnancy and follow suggestive measures as directed by your doctor. Do periodic check up and take prescribed medication only.

Best wishes for successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen