Pregnant. Getting back pain and feeling cold. Is this normal?

Hi I'm 37+5 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and I've woken up with what feels like the start of a cold. I was sick this morning and I've been sick every few days first thing for the last week. Is this normal at this stage? I keep getting mild back pain now and again but not regular by any means. Also the baby seemed to have dropped down last week. Is there anything you can suggest? I feel terrible!
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 21 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have a full term pregnancy which idle time for full delivery upto the 40 weeks. The back pain is common during these days even during whole pregnancy due to generalised weaknesss and increasing demand of fetal circulation.

The cold is not commmon which should be adressed. Make sure you are not having temperature. The feeling of dropping down of the baby might be the initatian of the labour process which should be carefully checked by obstetrician.

It is recommended to visit your obstetrician for antenatal checkup and addressement of the associated symptoms.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Getting back pain and feeling cold. Is this normal? 3 minutes later
Is the vomiting normal at this stage too? I had morning sickness at the beginning but it stopped after 16 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 6 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

Morning sickness in the early stages of pregnancy is very common and characterisitic feature of pregnancy. vomiting may occur at any stage of pregnancy but it is uncommon at later stages. At your stage, Nause is common but vomitting is not common. As suggest, go for antenatal check up.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask