Pregnant. Found grade 3 placenta. Urine and blood sugar test fine. Is it safe to take baby aspirin?

Hi, I am in 36th month and in 34th month's scan my doctor found I have Grade 3 Placenta. However she didn't ask me to take any precautions.
I went to a different doctor with the same scan report and she was concerned about Grade 3 Placenta. She has prescribed ASA 50 ( Baby Aspirin ) for two weeks. Is it ok to take Aspirin in the last month of pregnancy, I am confused because first Dr. was not concerned and second Dr. has put me on baby Aspirin.
Also I don't have any complications in pregnancy so far, and all the tests Urine test, GTT, Blood sugar test were fine. Please provide your valued opinion.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Grading of placenta is usually done in placenta praevia. Placenta praevia is a condition where the placenta is low lying ( lies near the cervix) and can cause significant bleeding during delivery. Such women are usually delivered by a caesarean section. In order to be sure that your physicians are talking about placenta praevia only, I would like to see your latest ultrasound report. If its placenta praevia, aspirin is not required. It will not harm your baby or you, but is simply not required. If we're talking about a different condition, we may need other treatment.
Please upload the ultrasound report and we can take it further.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Found grade 3 placenta. Urine and blood sugar test fine. Is it safe to take baby aspirin? 3 hours later
Thank you so much Dr. really appreciate the details you have provided. Here is the details that I see in the Scan report:

Placenta upper segment

Posterior Grade 3

Away from the OS

No retroplacentus hemotauma noted

Cervix normal

OS is closed

Hope based on this you can guide me. Thanks again!
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 hours later
thanks for writing back.
We are not looking at placenta previa in your case. A grade 3 placenta means that the placenta has aged to the maximum and at any time, the blood supply to the baby can reduce.
So the best way forward is to have a conservative approach and monitor the baby continuously. Please do a daily fetal movement count and a non stress test ( using ultrasound) needs to be done weekly. At 38 weeks, labour would be induced and we'll deliver the baby. Aspirin is not needed and will not help.
hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions