Pregnant. Found dead and fried lizard in food. Will this have any impact on pregnancy?

Excellent
Question
My wife is 6 weeks pregnant, yesterday morning we did a ultra sound and doctor said everything is ok.

In evening we had food (pulses) in a hotel and found a dead and fried lizard in food, by that we had around 6 spoons of that.

We met doctor immediately and she said no problem unless u had lizard itself but incase you face any issue in night, show it to me, yesterday night nothing happened and all seems normal,

but still I am scared that inside her stomach, there is anything which is going wrong and may impact on pregnancy.

Please advise.
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
After consuming the contaminated meal, the most common problem is that of allergic response which is not seen in your wife's case.
After frying, most of the poisons are destroyed as these are protein in nature.
Also, these do produce a negligible effect on taking it orally. Please do not worry. This will not cause any harm to your wife or baby.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Found dead and fried lizard in food. Will this have any impact on pregnancy? 2 hours later
Thanks you dcotor,

I have another query - Are there any tests that can be done to know whether no symptoms exists.

Will a re-ultrasound identify the issue.

Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
There are no tests that can detect the effect on growing baby. An ultrasound scan will not detect any such changes.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Found dead and fried lizard in food. Will this have any impact on pregnancy? 4 hours later
Thanks you doctor, one last question is what are the symptoms, she is vomiting a lot and very tired, she is feeling from several days, I think I am only worried but last query and i will close my question after that.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Hello.
Vomiting and tiredness are normally seen in pregnancy. The danger time is over. She is not likely to show any symptoms now. You can watch out for any rashes, fever, fainting, etc in which case medical help might be needed.
Regards.