Pregnant. Found antiphopholipid syndrom in blood. Took high dose of ecosprin 75. Any complications?

Hi doctor ,

actually i am 9 weeks pregnant and my doctor advised me to take ecosprin 75 with hibor 3500 injection daily . but by mistake i took ecosprin 75 two time in a day i. e daily dose for 150 mh for XXXXXXX 15 days. now i realized that i took wrong doses. i am worries that it will effect my baby any how? this is my first pregnancy but doctors found antiphopholipid syndrom in my blood.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 51 minutes later

Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome is an autoimmune disorder, caused by antibodies against cell-membrane phospholipids. This results in hypercoagulability that promotes formation of blood clots (thrombosis) in both arteries and veins causing miscarriages.

Low dose Aspirin is best recommended treatment for the above condition. Usually 75mg daily single dose is advised. High dose Aspirin if taken for long duration especially during first trimester can cause congenital defects in the foetus especially anterior birth defect. There would be NO other hazardous effect on blood clotting mechanism too, as you are diagnosed to have antiphospholipid antibodies; aspirin may help by counteracting the antibody action.

I still consider it safe for you to get examined by your treating doctor and discuss about the same with him /her. Regular antenatal scans at timely intervals will rule out any hazardous effects.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.