Pregnant. Feeling tired and passing black loose stool. Is this a sign of an illness?

im 33 weeks pregnant and in the last 2 days or so i notice loose stool in my panties more like watery dark discharge from the anal area sometimes when i feel it i have to move quickly so i dont soil my panties. what does this mean. im feeling very tired but no cramping
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 28 minutes later

Diabetes in whatever form predisposes to infections; pregnancy also lowers the immunity of the body. In the present scenario, your symptoms suggest an intestinal infection as a possibility, but, in the absence of any associated symptoms like pain, fever or vomiting, it could as well be thought of as a premonitory sign of increased prostaglandin release.

I would advice you to see your specialist for an opinion and also take a stool test to be more precise. You should also rule out the possibility of any vaginal nature of the discharge. Insulin therapy may sometimes cause gastric distress. The dosages may need to be adjusted if such is the case. You may need to adjust the diet until the symptoms subside.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.