Pregnant. Feel unbalanced and dizzy. Have sweaty hands and under arms. Inner ear problem?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi doc.i do have a problem .I feel unbalanced and dizzy all the time with a very sweaty hand and under arms.i cant get out of my home because of this problem.i cant live my life and now I am pregnant and the symptoms is worth now.i am on bed all day cant do any effort.i am asking does my inner ear has something to do with this? The practationar has checkedy ear and said its fine but I dont think he is able to see my inner ear.could it be my ear? And why its worth when iam preg.if its my ear? I take stugeron bur it didnt help at all.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hyperthyroidism

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Thank you for your query

I have gone through your query , it suggests that most probably you are suffering from the hyperthyroidism.

I personally advised to first rule out the hyperthyroidism , because according to your doctor your inner ear is normal, therefore first you go for
1.Free T3
2.Free T4
3.TSH

If these are normal then you may go for vestibular function test

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Pregnant. Feel unbalanced and dizzy. Have sweaty hands and under arms. Inner ear problem? 1 hour later
Thanks doc. For your answer.i have done all the blood tests and everything were normal.what is vestibular function test? Do I have to do mri scan? Do I need to see a specialist? And what specialist? Thank u

Brief Answer:
Consult Neuro-otologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi mam

Thank you for follow up query

Vestibular function test done to rule out balance disorder. They include basic clinical test, electronystagmography, rotational chair, dynamic posturography, vestibular evoked myogenic potential.

Yes, you may go for MRI scan.

Better to consult with Neuro-otologist for management.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Pregnant. Feel unbalanced and dizzy. Have sweaty hands and under arms. Inner ear problem? 14 minutes later
Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Feel unbalanced and dizzy. Have sweaty hands and under arms. Inner ear problem? 9 hours later
Hello doc.could I have hyperthyrodisim but not shown in the blood test? And if its true what shall I do?

Brief Answer:
Depends on T3,T4 and TSH status

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
Thank you for your follow up query,

For clear cut diagnosis of hyperthyroidism, T3,T4 and TSH status is necessary. If these are normal (according to your previous query) then there is no need to worry.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Pregnant. Feel unbalanced and dizzy. Have sweaty hands and under arms. Inner ear problem? 34 minutes later
Thank you I do appreciate your reply.

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome..

Detailed Answer:
I am glad I was of help to you. Thanks for discussion with me. Please close this discussion if you have no more questions.

Get well soon