Pregnant. Fasting blood sugar is low and post praandial is normal. Taking Glucophage. Will that effect placenta?

I am 32 weeks pregnant. My fasting blood sugar as on 04-July-2013(31 week 3 days) is 60 mg/dl and postprandial blood sugar is 113 mg/dl. The Glucophage 1500 mg per day. One of the doctor told that it will affect placenta.Please let me know if I can continue with the medication.

Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Your blood sugar fasting is on the lower side of normal and post prandial is normal. Glucophage (metformin) is safe in pregnancy as per recent literature however if it was started for PCOS, it can be stopped now. It has no bad effect on placenta or baby as per recent literatures.

Best wishes