Pregnant. Family members are suffering with dengue. Is it contagious?

Excellent
Question
HI I'M PREGNANT THIS IS MY MONTH 10TH WEEK ,AT HOME EVERY ONE SICK THEY HAVE DIAGNOISED OF DENGUE IM ALSO FEELING FEVERISH SINCE MORNING WHAT CAN WE DO
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 9 hours later
Hi XXXX,

Dengue is caused by Aedes mosquitoes bite. It is transmitted by mosquito bite, infected blood product and organ donor.

You are also susceptible to dengue infection, so you should consult a physician and go for dengue serology test and dengue NS1 antigen to rule out dengue infection at the earliest.

You should also stop taking ecosprin tablet after consulting physician because in dengue fever platelet count is decrease(thrombocytopenia) and ecosprin further decreases platelet count.

You should continuously watch on your platelet count, take oral rehydration fluids, vitamin-c tablet, folic acid and take paracetamol only if high grade fever occur.

Hope, I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.

Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Pregnant. Family members are suffering with dengue. Is it contagious? 11 hours later
Thank You Doctor I Have consulted general Physician where i XXXXXXX my gyni ,they have Taken Blood Sample and Urine Routine test ,However he was given me oral medication like Rantac,Amoxyline 615MG,CROCIN 150 mg as a precautionary is it fine

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Hello XXXX,
Nice to see you again.
In my opinion there is no need of these medications but if your doctor prescribed you go ahead.
You should rule out dengue also.
Hope I have answered Your query If you are satisfied with my answer rate the answer and close the query If you have further query I will be happy to answer you.
Good luck.
Safe and happy motherhood.
Dr. Richa