Pregnant. Experiencing tightness and prescribed Otidin. Guide?

Mar 2016

I am 36 week 1 day down and i was experiencing tightness in tummy, doc now has prescribed Otidin 5mg twice a day for next 10days, can you advise on this.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

In this stage of pregnancy, growing fetus gains highest level of maturity & feeling of tightness in abdomen is quite common phenomena. Right posture during sleep (preferably left lateral position) & sitting (with a pillow on backside while on chair) are to be maintained. Above medication acts as uterine relaxant and helps to get relief from tightness some how. It is quite safe to take.

Do continue these things like taking healthy protein XXXXXXX diet, drink plenty fluid or water to stay hydrated, regular meditation to get relief from stress, daily walking for 15-30 minutes, maintain genital hygiene and take adequate bed rest.

You should contact with your healthcare provider immediately in some alarming situations like constant lower abdominal/ back pain, moderate dribbling or watery discharge, vaginal bleeding, less fetal movement etc.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish her good health & successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen.