Pregnant. Experiencing brown discharge. Prescribed prostagen 200mg after ultrasound. Any suggestion?

I am experiencing some brown discharge during my 6th and 7th week of pregnancy. I had an Ultra Sound(Whole TVS) done on my 6th week and two days pregnancy. Every thing seems normal as per my gyno. But as per Ultrasound(Whole TVS) report:
1. Small amount of fluid is seen in POD and No C.L cyst seen? C.L cyst rupture.
My Gyno prescribed me to take two Prostagen* 200mg (Natural Micronised Progesterone Soft Gelatin Capsules) at bed time. I was initially taking two capsules as prescribed but I reduced it to one capsule per night since i was experiencing heavy dizziness (waking up in the morning).
Now I am concerned about my Brown discharge and the Ultrasound report stating some fluid in POD.

Please reply ASAP or suggest if I need to change my Gyno.

Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
You ultrasound is fine.Dont worry about the fluid in the POD. As long as you have a viable pregnancy you are ok.The brown discharge is seen commonly even though its normal.You should take the medicine prescribed to you and should help with the discharge. You can take it orally or vaginally,though per vaginal insertion of the capsule is better. Take as much rest as possible.Avoid sexual intercourse for sometime.If you have continous bleeding/clots/doesnt stop with the meds then see your gyno and get another ultrasound.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Experiencing brown discharge. Prescribed prostagen 200mg after ultrasound. Any suggestion? 1 hour later
Many thanks for the quick response. I just have one more query. Can I take one capsule of Prostagen* 200mg instead of two as prescribed by the Gyno.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later
The dose is 200-400 mcg per day.You can take 1 cap or 2 if you can.If you have problems taking 2 then stay with 1 cap a day.