Pregnant. Experiencing bleeding and clots after orgasm. Could the orgasm have triggered a miscarriage?

I am 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Yesterday I experienced a bit of red bleeding, including clots, after I had an orgasm. I went to have a U/S, and the docter told me that the foetus implanted very low in the uterus. He also said my uterus has a bit of a heart shape. It could be that I am miscarrying. I am not losing any blood anymore, but I do have menstruation like cramping. If I am not miscarrying, what could the reason of the bleeding and clots have been? Could the orgasm have triggered a miscarriage? Does a low implanted foetus have a chance to survive? I have many questions, as due to langauge problems it was difficult to communicate with the doctor... Thank you for your answers.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

The common causes of early pregnancy bleeding at 6 weeks to 8 weeks are threatened abortion, spontaneous abortion. The other causes include placenta previa and abruption of the placenta that may happen later in the pregnancy.

In your case, the low-implanted fetus seems like the most likely cause for the bleed.

I do not think the orgasm has triggered the miscarriage.

The chances of low implanted fetus to survive are very less.

I am sorry, this is your first pregnancy and it seems like a miscarriage to me.

Please repeat the ultrasound after 2 days to check for the viability of the fetus.

Do write to me about all your queries, I shall try my best to help you.