Pregnant. During first trimester consumed Norflox and proxyvon due to stomach pain. Any risk?

My wife is 28 yrs.
She is presently conceived & in her 1st trimester. 3rd month
During her 1st month of her pregnancy she had consumed
Norflox 500, 10 numbers & Proxyvon 1 number tablet.
During her 1st month of pregnancy we were yet to confirm about it. Due to stomach ache she had consumed these drugs without any knowledge of pregnancy.

We are now really worried about any side effects or any deformation in the baby?
Can you please educate us will there be any risk having these drugs during pregnancy at the 1st month.
Kindly suggest any remedies or any way to identify any risk to fetus or to baby after birth.

Kindly reply us back…
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No harm to either mother or baby

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query. I understand your concern towards your wife.

Firstly, Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Norflox is a drug (schedule C drug) routinely not used in pregnancy. It does cause adverse effects in animals when given in high dosages. There are no trials done in pregnant humans to confirm the same. The use of this drug in pregnancy is advised if the benefit is more than risks.

What I mean to say is that your wife has taken around 10 tablets of Norflox. This is definitely not that high dose to cause any harm to the baby. So, please relax.

Also, Proxyvon (schedule B drug) does not cause any damage to fetus in early pregnancy. Therefore, this drug will not affect your wife and the baby.

In addition, she has taken the drugs only one time and not several times in her first trimester.

In my view, this is not going to affect the baby or the mother. Be rest assured that there will be no side effects or deformation to the baby.

An anomaly scan done at 20 weeks of pregnancy can identify problems, if any at all.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Pregnant. During first trimester consumed Norflox and proxyvon due to stomach pain. Any risk? 22 hours later
Hi Thanks for your instant reply.
Am bit relived now,..

I need some more info about this.

I am located in Bangalore. Can you refer me to a good gynecologist located in Bangalore. Preferably (vijaynagar rajajinagar surrounding)

I need 1 more info..
During pregnancy she is not suppose to take any medicine. But she has a problem of migraine (head ache)
She suffer a lot due to this. Wht are the remedies to be taken to avoid maigraine. Doctor has adviced for DOLO 650 is it a safe drug but she is scared to take Dolo?
How can she minimize migraine in during pregnancy.

Thanks & Regards…
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

There are several skilled gynecologists available in your locality i.e. Rajajinagar. We have Fortis, Columbia Asia, M. S. Ramaiah Hospitals. All these are hospitals with good reputation. There is also cloud nine hospital in Malleswaram with good reviews.

You could consult any of these hospitals for good Gynecologists according to your comfort.

Yes, your wife can take Dolo 650mg when she has an attack of migraine. The basic concept of managing migraine is to prevent an attack by avoiding the trigger.

She needs to avoid all that triggers an attack.

Hope this information helps you.