Pregnant. Done with two scans. When should be my next scan?

Question

Now i am in 21st week of my pregnancy. Till now i have done two scan
1)8th week for confirmation
2) Triple Screening in 17th week.

Kindly let me the know ,when will be the next scan and what type of scan it will be.
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX,

Ideally ANEUPLOIDY scan should have been done between 11-14 weeks. As you are 21 weeks now, you need to do a ANOMALY scan now. It's a very important scan to rule out any anomalies.

As you have strong family history of diabetes, kindly get GTT-Glucose tolerance test to rule out gestational diabetes. And continue the same iron and calcium supplementation.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Arif

Follow-up: Pregnant. Done with two scans. When should be my next scan? 21 minutes later
1) I would like to know triple screening is one of the anomaly test right?

I has detected the risk of down syndrome and the result is 1:0000

Did i need to take the anomaly scan again.

I have done GTT test it is normal.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 41 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for your followup question.

1) No triple screening is not a anomaly test. It's a screening test to detect GENETIC problems like DOWNS babies. And your risk very very less; high risk is 1 in 250.
2) Yes, you have to take anomaly scan, which I told you earlier that it is very very important one.
3) As your GTT is normal, no need to worry right now. Your treating doctor will advise you regarding this.

Wish you good health.

Dr Arif
If you wish to consult me again, you can directly post your concerns through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW