Pregnant. Done with TSh test. Should I be worried about the findings?

Mar 2016

Hi, my wife is 12 weeks pregnant. we had her TSH test performed last week and he result shows the level of TSH to be 0.11. The gyne says there is no need to worry but we are apprehensive about this as this is going to be our first child. Please guide
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Normal TSH level is 0.5 to 5 mIU/ L without thyroid medication. However, TSH level 0.11 does not cause any harmful effect to growing baby and she will carry a healthy pregnancy. So, you would not be worried about this.

Here, she will take protein XXXXXXX healthy diet and prescribed medication only, eat more vegetables & fresh fruits, drink plenty of water for better feto-placental circulation, avoid long journey/ heavy work/ uneven surface, take adequate bed rest, do periodic check up with ultrasound scan and complete relevant tests.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish her good health and successful motherhood.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through