Pregnant. Done with DNC and TORCH tests. What are the findings?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
SIR MY WIFE IS NOW SEVEN WEEK PREGNANT AND TWO TIMES DNC ALREADY .AFTER TORCH TEST RUBELLA IGM IS 2.77 DOCTOR ADVICE TO TAKE MEDICINE AND 2ND TIME TEST RUBELLA IGM IS NOW 1.43 PLEASE REPLY ME ANY PROBLEMS FOR PRESENT PREGNANCY.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later

Actually there is no effective treatment for rubella, vaccination is the preventive measure.
The chances of congenital infection is also more when the infection is acquired during the early weeks of pregnancy.
The severity of primary infection is more compared with reinfection or reactivation of the infection.
So it is important to distinguish the primary infection from reinfection.
Better to go for IgG avidity assay which is more sensitive and specific that IgM.
Depending on the result you can decide whether to continue or terminate the pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.