Pregnant. Diagnosed with placental accreta again. Remedy?

I am worried that I have placenta accreta again. this is my 4th pregnancy. my 3rd pregnancy ending on 9/29/12 was diagnosed with accreta at delivery resulting in an emergency d&c and transfusions. I am worried that I have it again, it makes it hard for me to sleep because I worry so much about it. I
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The report attached is inconclusive.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the ultrasound image attached with the query. This image cannot predict anything about placenta accreta. Since you have a history of placenta accreta in previous pregnancy, the chances of having it again are present.
It can be accurately diagnosed by an ultrasound and MRI scan.
Findings that are considered suggestive of placenta accreta include loss of the retroplacental hypoechoic clear zone, loss of the bladder wall-uterine interface, presence of placental lacunae (vascular spaces), and presence of hypervascularity of the interface between the uterine serosa and the bladder wall on color Doppler imaging. These can be detected only by your radiologist while doing a color doppler scan. The live ultrasound images are needed to evaluate all these findings.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) will also help in confirmation of the diagnosis.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Diagnosed with placental accreta again. Remedy? 23 minutes later
If I do have it again? What is the procedures for it?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Planned caesarean section is commonly done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
If you have it again, then it is best to go for a planned caesarean section. In case the placenta is badly adherent then a hysterectomy may be required as the removal of placenta in such cases causes significant hemorrhage.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Diagnosed with placental accreta again. Remedy? 21 minutes later
One more question, Can I just ask to have the hysterectomy to not worry about it?

Thank you :)
Brief Answer:
After the diagnosis is confirmed, surgery can be d

Detailed Answer:
You can ask for a hysterectomy if the diagnosis is confirmed. It is not advisable to worry about it so much when the diagnosis is not even confirmed.