Pregnant. Developed pityriasis rosea and having loose motion. Any risk on baby?

I'm 21 week pregnant. From last 15 days i'm suffering a lot for skin prob. Consulted with Dermatologist she told that i have developed "pityriasis rosea"..she gave me one lotion but no help i'm getting and it's spreading everyday.

I just want to know that is there any risk for this pityriasis rosea on my baby or my pregnancy. im too much worried for that. And last 2/3 days im suffering with little loose motion, is it bcoz of that prob ?
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 23 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The pityriasis roasea is a benign and self limiting condition. It is considered to be viral infection of skin.It has no known ill effects on pregnancy.
As you are in 21st week of pregnancy there is very little or no risk to baby.
Viral infection can cause problems to baby if they occur in first 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.
As this period is over your baby is safe now.
For skin rash you can apply Elovera IMF cream with mometasone cream twice daily.
If you can upload the photographs of affected skin, the diagnosis can be confirmed.
I will be available for follow up.
Regards .
MD dermatology
Follow-up: Pregnant. Developed pityriasis rosea and having loose motion. Any risk on baby? 11 hours later

Please find attached all the snaps of the affected skin.
And pls help me how to stop the excessive itching because of this skin problem. The affected area is getting worse as the itching is uncontrollable and I am not able to restrict myself from itching continuously. More I am itching, more it is becoming reddish and spreading everyday almost everywhere of my body. I have been suffering from this skin problem from last 15 days.

It would be of great relief if you please tell me the procedure how can I get rid of this excessive itching problem.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 29 minutes later
Hi again,
Ive gone through the photos.
For itching you can take tablet Lorinol 10mg twice or thrice a day.It is safe in pregnancy and will reduce the itching effectively.
Also you can apply Momate cream mixed with Elovera IMF cream twice a day.After the bath you can apply venusia soft lotion all over the body.
This will help with itching effectively.
As you are pregnant higher drugs cannot be given in your case.
Hope this will take care of itching.