Pregnant. Cramps, no bleeding. HCG level and ultrasound good. Is this normal?

May 2013
I'm 5 weeks one day and I'm having horrible cramping. I don't have any bleeding and my hcg levels and ultrasound were good. Is this normal?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

Some amount of pain abdomen can be expected during early pregnancy.
But as you are having excessive cramps, better to consult gynecologist once to undergo physical examination and to rule out ultrasound examinations.
If your doctor suggests you can take progesterone supplementation till 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Continue folic acid supplementation.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.