Pregnant. Could I take gynaecosid drug?

gynaecosid drug can it be used for 1 month preganacy
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read your query in detail.

Gynecosid cannot stop pregnancy once it occurs. It is basically an estrogen pill. If pregnancy is definitely confirmed, you can discuss medical termination of pregnancy options with your doctor.

If taken during pregnancy, gynecosid can make you bleed and seriously hurt yourself. They are not used for abortion because they are not reliable and can make you bleed to death. Since the pill forces the uterus to contract and shed the lining the injuries to the embryo if it survives can be any injuries like deformation since you will disrupt it's development.

Please note that medical termination of pregnancy has got legal implications in some countries and you may seek guidance regarding the same with your doctor.

I hope this helps.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor