Pregnant. Consumed mifeprestine. When should I take 4 tablets of misoprostol. How to confirm termination of pregnancy?

im pregnant. I have taken Unwanted kit by mankind i have consumed mifeprestine orally 1 hour ago. Kindly tell me the time when should i take 4 tablets of misoprostol. and how to confirm pregnancy is terminated and when my periods will start
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 24 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The medical pregnancy termination should be taken in consultation with a local gynecologist, some times unforeseen complication take place and an idea of base line health may be life saving.
The misoprost 4tabs are taken at 24 to 36hours when you have spasmodic pain or onset of spotting.
Full expulsion of conceptus is the proof of termination and can be guessed by seeing naked eyes, or by an ultrasound abdomen or steep decrease in beta hCG levels in coming 2-3 days is the supportive evidence.
Periods are delayed variably and may have stuttering onset again after one to 5-6months.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Consumed mifeprestine. When should I take 4 tablets of misoprostol. How to confirm termination of pregnancy? 12 hours later
I had no bleeding after consumption of mifeprestine. Does that indicate failure of abortion. Or ahould I wait till I take 4 dose of misoprostol
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later

Mifepristone stops cardiac activity of foetus means foetus dies due to mifepristone. However misoprost is taken to expel it out of womb. Cramping pain & bleeding usually follow after misoprost usage.

It is highly risky and unsafe to take abortion pills without guidance of a gynecologist. It is essential that the complete process is monitored by them. You can have heavy bleeding along with clots which can be life threatening. Besides that, you will require a repeat ultrasound scan after a few days to confirm complete expulsion of fetus.

In view of all the risk associated, I encourage you to XXXXXXX your nearest gynecologist.

I hope this helps.