Pregnant. Blood test done. Suggested for NT scan. Should I go for this scan?

We are expecting our second child and my wife had 3 weeks of pregnancy,dr has asked us to do some blood and other tests. it seems that hemoglobin was bit less[it was 10.9] as from standard so doctor has advise to do and NT scan, is this scan is needed?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 28 hours later
An NT scan done beween 11-13 weeks is to look at chromosomal anomalies like Downs syndrome(Mongolian Babies with mental retardation).
It has no connection with hemoglobin.
Its better to do this scan to identify the aforesaid problem
The doctor will also ask for a double /triple marker , pl get that done also.