Pregnant. Beta hcg levels are increasing which is consistence. Is there any complication?

Hello. I had my first US at 6 weeks, and it showed that the baby was implanted low in the uterus. The next week I had a repeat US and the sac was elongated and they said that the heartbeat was 78. My doctor believed that the heart rate was my own, and that I was miscarrying. I've been getting my HCG levels checked every 2 days since that appt and they still continue to rise. My levels went from 18,000 to 0000 in one week and then from 0000-0000 in 2 days. My doctor wants to do a repeat US next week and also more lab draws in 2 days. Is their any possibility that everything could be ok?
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Your beta hcg levels are increasing which is consistent with pregnancy.But ideally the beta hcg levels should double every 48hrs.But in your last value i see that although there is an increase, it isnt adequate. Also by 6-7 weeks,the usg should show fetal cardiac activity and the heart rate should be between 130-140 bpm. I think that you should keep monitoring the beta hcg and repeat the ultrasound as advised.There may be a possibility of missed abortion if the usg is same and blood values dont rise adequately.